Sunday, March 15, 2009

Profile progress

This is not really easy but it is doable. Right! Starting from identifying interviewee has not been too much of an issue and also in terms of identifying story potential. The problem I think we encountered was to interview the person at a right time and at a right place, by this I mean the aim was to interview this person where she works and during the ‘pick’ hours. Guess what? We did not get that opportunity, which resulted in not getting the right story with all its elements but nevertheless, playing around with the material we had worked very well and the so called profile is coming up right. Now all I think I am in need of is to polish the way I want the story to run. So far I have identified the lead which is the introduction of the interviewee which covers a bit of her background, secondly the core which is about her work and how she manages the daily struggles and then lastly about the satisfaction based on the way of life which I think is a strong conclusion.
Then the big problem now is that the person in providing the core stuff I wanted used Xhosa in stead of English which is challenging because getting someone to do a voice over with almost that same voice is not easy at all. Still now I have not got hold of the person who can do that. Really, there will be a voice difference there and it will not sound okay not unless the person will do the voice over of the whole profile, which will not make any sense in terms of the meaning and originality. Till this far that is my challenge, but guess what! I am not discouraged I will work around this and it will come right. The next time I will be writing here I will be telling you of the final product, of course, if we are not told to write something else, till then I am out of this space

No comments:

Post a Comment