Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why Journalism?

Right! I think many people are interested in knowing why journalism not something else, well before answering this question let me tell you who I am first.

Simphiwe is my name and I am doing Journalism and Media Studies 3 in radio. I am a young man full of visions to change the world simply because I can. many people venture into their careers clear on the reasons why but when you ask them again why this career not that one, then doubt grip their hearts. Then they start asking themselves some questions doubting their abilities.

Well, that is not the case with me, as I said before I am doing journalism because it is a right tool to give the world the shape I think is right for it. I do journalism because I want to shape people's minds, to tell the untold stories and to dig deeper putting that was burried on the surface as well as twisting and turning people's ideas on how they see things around them.

Why Journalism? because when empowered with journalistic skills you can move the ready made stereotypes because it is powerful. With globalisation the whole world is waiting and depending on journalists to report to them on what is happening to far countries. The world is seeking the map and direction and with journalism - I have the map.

Basically that is the reason why I am doing journalism, to write my own history in a way that no-one can.Hope this to some extent gives some sort of explanation on why journalism.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Simphiwe, nice to see you started a blog! Hope to see it grow. Looking forward to seeing very big things from you. Moagisi

    ReplyDelete